Saturday, November 22, 2008

Moral killer

Well I had a not fun week. By the end of the day on Tuesday, I suspected something was up. On Thursday morning it was announced that 16 positions had been eliminated, in the implementations area. Not surprising as we had gone from 5 installs a month to 2. The shock was at the end of the day when we were told 2 senior managers, one with 15 years and one with 22 had been laid off. This makes no sense, as both these people were good managers, were well liked, and had a broad understanding of the company. What is worse, is that my manager, whom they both reported to, apparently was not told of them being let go until after it had been done. This does not leave you with any type of secure feeling. My manager knows I do good work, and I get handed the toughest defect assignments (customer reported issues), which means I don't get a lot of them cleared. I also have been working on initial development efforts on new technology, also not something that is easily quantifiable. Between these two areas my time tracking looks bad at first glance. So if my manager is not being consulted before her people are let go, who do I see to ensure I have a job on Monday?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home