Sunday, February 03, 2008

An extended warranty pays off

If you have read my posts, you know I'm a Mac owner. I've also owned an iPod since late 2002. My latest I bought 2 years ago this week. How do I know this, because when the hard drive died last week and I bought it to the Apple store last Saturday, the Applecare Protection Plan had 7 days left! The person at the Genius bar confirmed it was dead, took one look at the APP paperwork and would have swapped it on the spot, but didn't have one in stock. So it took 4 days to get one shipped in, but I still got a new (refurbished) unit with no fuss. I paid $60 for the APP plan, which is the cheapest price I could find for a replacement hard drive for, but would have had to install it myself, so the plan paid off for me as I have a new unit not just a new hard drive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home