Saturday, August 19, 2006

What not to do

Ok, here's something not to do. Thursday night I was going into my spare bedroom, with the computer in it, carrying a cup of soda. For some reason I decided to switch the hand it was in, missed the pass, and managed to drop the full cup onto the floor. I did this heading for the computer, so naturally the liquid splashed toward the computer. I thought I checked it and only found dome droplets on the front and cleaned those up. WRONG! I own a Power Macintosh G5, the one with the cheese grater front. I looked at the computer this morning (Saturday) and realized that yes there was a lot of liquid that had splashed inside, so I spent most of the morning cleaning the front facing fans, the DIMM memory modules and the motherboard of dried on soda. First I cleaned it with paper towels that I applied window cleaner to, then I cleaned the window cleaner residue off with isopropyl alcohol. By some miracle (so far) the computer seems ok.

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger The Mayfield Farm said...

lucky you ~ I spilt Sprite on mine and had to buy a new mouse and keyboard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home